Happy Earth Day!  I was inspired by a recent post at Under the Table and Dreaming.  Stephanie used the same method to make an Earth Day cake that I used to make Bug's birthday cake last spring.  I decided to try making earth cookies.


To make these, you'll need:
Sugar cookie dough (a mix, pre-made, from scratch - however you'd like)
Blue & Green food coloring

Divide your dough into two bowls.  I used about 2/3 of the dough for blue and 1/3 for green since the earth is mostly water.  Add 6-7 drops of color to each bowl (green in one and blue in the other).  I chose to kneed it in with my hands since dough is usually very difficult to stir with a spoon.


Once the color was mixed in well, I grabbed a small bit of each dough, swirled them together, rolled it into a teaspoon-sized ball and plopped it onto a cookie sheet.   I repeated this process until I ran out of dough and baked them at 375 for about 10 minutes (until the edges were a slight golden color).  Cool for 2 minutes in the pan and then on a rack until completely cool.  Enjoy!

2 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Those cookies look DELiSH! I might have to make some this weekend. :)


  2. Perfect! My son requested "earth cookies" for his birthday treat at school this week and I started looking it up. These will fit the bill!


Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!